Peers Victoria provides outreach, harm reduction, and drop-in services, as well as wellness workshops, housing
support, and social justice leadership concerning sex workers rights, primarily in Victoria, the
territory of the Esquimalt and Songhees Nations. We maintain a welcoming environment congruent
with our values of providing harm reduction, client centered services which contribute to social
justice and draw on experiential knowledge.
The Housing Support Worker supports homeless people and those who are precariously
housed to locate and maintain housing, as well as to assist with basic needs and eviction
prevention. This position is a temporary, supplemental position which aims to provide case
management support and relief to the main housing support worker at Peers.
• Hours: 32-36 hours per week to be carried out on primarily on Tuesday, Wednesday,
Thursday during late mornings and afternoons with some flexibility to meet participant
needs. Some flexibility will be required for Mondays and Fridays to complete required
documentation and attend meetings.
• Pay rate $26/hr or $30/hour depending on education and experience.
• Requires a valid BC driver license and will include use of personal vehicle. Peers will pay
the difference on insurance to enable a higher level of third party liability coverage.
• Must have Basic First Aid and CPR
• Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check required
• Position is funded through March 31, 2023 with anticipated renewal to 2024.